Apple launched the iPhone 7 and iphone 7 plus on Wednesday, the first of its waterproof devices. Equipped with IP67 waterproofing, which means the device could survive up to one meter (a little over three feet) under water for a duration of up to half an hour.
Samsung’s S7, on the other hand, comes with the higher IP68 certification, suggesting the device can withstand prolonged submersion in depths of up to 1.5 meters (about five feet).
What does ‘IP67’ actually mean?
International Protection Marking, or IP Code, consists of two numbers. The first marks how resistant to dust getting it into the inner workings of the device, the second how resistant to water ingress it is.
• 4 = particles great than 1mm in width
• 5 = prevention of dust interfering with satisfactory operation
• 6 = no ingress of dust at all for at least eight hours
• 4 = splashing water won’t harm the device
• 5 = protection from water jets from a 6.3mm nozzle
• 6 = protection from more powerful water jets from a 12.5mm nozzle (6K is higher pressure rated)
• 7 = protection from immersion in up to 1m of fresh water (typically for 30 minutes)
• 8 = protection from immersion in at least 1m fresh water (typically 1.5m for 30 minutes)
• 9K = protection from close-range high pressure water jets
The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are rated to IP67 standards, marked at 1m of fresh water for 30 minutes. Samsung’s latest top-end smartphones the Galaxy S7, S7 Edgeand the troubled Note 7 are rated to IP68 standards, and so are technically more protected against water ingress.
So, there is not big difference on waterproof features between iPhone 7 and galaxy S7, just galaxy 7 could be survived in 0.5m depths more than iPhone 7. But Apple have warned officially that the waterproofing will be descended with the equipment aging. Keep the phone away from water as you can, and don’t charge it when the phone is wet.
1. Iphone7 dismantling step than iphone6s have very different position within the body of the cable varies, and a fixed position of the screen using a cable smaller Y-type screws.
2. Remove the two screws on both sides of the data interface, on the phone the whole uniformly heated and softened around the body of the double-sided adhesive. Since the iPhone 7 joined the waterproof function, so the glue is particularly close. Open the screen you can see the cable connecting the iPhone 7 and iPhone 6 has been significantly different. We need to open the screen from the side.
3. The screen assembly portion can be removed down, and the screen assembly part contains the relevant cable, front camera, and touch screen unit.
4. The screen assembly shield, a metal protective layer. Something on the screen assembly, including a front camera, earpiece, speaker, and the same bezel and screws.
5. The bottom is the Home key which is can’t be depressed, but the Home key is a good give back, including the Touch ID cable, remove the entire module.
6. Remove the three screws of TAPTIC ENGINE modules and fixed baffles. Inside the entire body, TAPTIC ENGINE module is really quite big, and canceled 3.5mm headphone jack let out a space but also to be able to hold TAPTIC ENGINE.
7. Fixed volume buttons on the left side of the fuselage with screws. The right is the power button, the same method of fixing. Volume key, switch button, mute button and a row in the same line connection. You can see the mute button with a waterproof seal.
8. The front camera section, front camera 700 million pixels, f2.2 aperture. It also integrates a light sensor, earpiece speaker cable and the top of the connection point.
9. The top of the speaker unit back with a spring-type contact manner.
10. Remove the battery, 1960mh battery capacity relative to the previous generation has not increased dramatically.
11. Enhance the standby time is mainly due to iOS once again raise the further optimization, and A10 processor performance and power consumption.
12. Unauthorized disassemble will void the warranty, basically iPhone 7 will be able to see that after the split-off, whether you repair more perfect, and the tail portion of the insert fixing screws also have a warranty sticker, simply can not be restored.
13. The end portion of the plug also uses a double-sided adhesive fixed on the rear shell of the entire body and want to split the points can easily continue heating cover. Plug cable tail section with integrated Lightning port, a speakerphone interface, Taptic Engine interface, a microphone and a radio frequency cable.
14. We also see the latest addition to the rubber ring in the appropriate location, making the iPhone 7 has the IP67 level waterproof function.
15. Of course, disassemble, certainly can not be restored to the original waterproof performance, no longer even have a water-resistant, so we want to disassemble their own, or think twice ah!
16. The speaker unit, together with the RF cable.
17. The main camera is also a cable connection.
18. SIM Cato, you can see above with the apron.
19. Apple's usual practice is to have a variety of specifications within the body of the screw, after all removed, it should be 60 screws. The metal plate fixed screen connected to the board using a Y-type screws, the screws are not common shape, before appearing on Apple Watch. This is the hardest demolished iPhone, the structure is very complex, highly integrated, and a combination of complicated screws, the screws need correspondence in the demolition process, it will be very troublesome, the most important is that after the demolition of the water almost disappear, very difficult to recover to the original state.
Editor: Pink Leung
DBX blog has upgraded for new edition, now you can enjoy more functions like below:
1. You can find all kinds of knowledge about the cell phone maintenance from the Repair Skill column, have more maintenance tips, and a variety of models of mobile phone dismantling step.
2. The latest activity or benefit will all show on Activity column, you can check by any time.
3. The most important one is you can get the membership points by submit a piece of writing for publication, which also can help you upgrade your member level.
Article topic: Mobile phone repair skill / The internal structure of mobile phone parts / Mobile phone accessories product knowledge
Content: With graphic, any words.
Your article please mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Detail please check: http://www.dbx.com.cn/News/1
* No matter you get the points from submit articles (including published by DBX BLOG or not) or by placing orders, both of them can be accumulated.
Detail please check: http://www.dbx.com.cn/NewsDetail/DBX-Points-System-150
If you have any ideas or questions about mobile phone repair skills, you can leave your message on the blog or send email to us.
This activity long-term effective
DBX Marketing Department
The display panel is the core of modern science and technology industry in strategic resources , in addition to display the result of the operation , it also carries the function of human-computer interaction platform , flexible , large-format , ultra-thin , energy-saving features are hopes the next generation display panel products, thus make OLED ( organic light emitting display ) technology received wide attention and effort.
· How Hot The Global OLED Market Is
As the world's supply of important areas of the display panel , Three Four ( South Korea, China , Japan , China Taiwan ) caught the industry to promote the development and production of OLED panels , representative facts include:
1. Samsung Display shut down a large area of the traditional LCD panel , fully engaged in the transformation , build OLED production capacity from the original panel and the OLED department to operate independently , OLED production concentrated in small and medium- sized screen of mobile smart devices.
2. LG Display LG Display in July announced that it would invest 200 trillion won in Paju new 6 -generation line for OLED panel production , although the situation LGD deficits year after year in the OLED product line , still no slack continuing to invest , prior has been focused on large-size OLED panels LGD, is now out of balance increase small and medium size production profitability .
OLED technology has become the choice for the next generation of displays , especially in 2017 after Apple announced the new iPhone using OLED panels , the industry trend was settled , when the OLED panel market will usher in a real outbreak , well prepared to meet the display market iteration is panel companies are stressful events.
· The Existing Mainstream OLED ProductionTechnology
Nowadays the most mainstream of the " vapor deposition technique " , simply put , is deposited on the etching good template, heating method, the deposition material is broken up, it re- condenses in the specified location on the template process.
Vapor deposition technology to produce OLED panels deposition machine is the core equipment , but the number of existing suppliers of equipment is still difficult to load order of the world market . Like LG Display large customers such as the number of deposition machine had limited and helpless lose Apple orders.